FCP 5.2.4 sync issue

Posted by Phil 
FCP 5.2.4 sync issue
March 23, 2007 12:08PM
I have noticed since upgrading to FCP 5.2.4 that the viewer and canvas are slightly out of sync compared to mt Broadcast monitor. Actually it did this before upgrading but now media I have captured also plays out of sync when viewing in the viewer...weird...Cheers Phil UK
Re: FCP 5.2.4 sync issue
March 23, 2007 12:17PM
5.2.4 eh? Skipping ahead of the rest of the crowd stuck at 5.1.4?

Hee

Check the offset in your system prefs.

Oh, and how is FCP connected to said monitor?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 23, 2007 12:32PM
Ah you know what I mean...the system is going out via AJA breakout box componant Y out. I am not sure what you mean by Offset in System Prefs. Thanks Shane.
March 23, 2007 12:37PM
FINAL CUT PRO menu...SYSTEM PREFS. Choose the PLAYBACK CONTROL tab and look at the offset.

Play with settings.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 26, 2007 07:15AM
Shane..thankyou..it worked. Phil
March 28, 2007 07:02PM
Shane, I'm having a similar problem, but Frame Offset doesn't change anything.

I'm running FCP 5.1.4 on a dual 2.3 G5, OS X 10.4.9, QT 7.1.5, with a BlackMagic DeckLink HD Pro card (driver v6.1) component out to a broadcast HD LCD. I'm using an M-Audio MobilePre USB for audio with its latest driver (1.6.5) and "Medium Latency" out to powered monitor speakers.

I'm unable to get playback sync of sound and picture, and the Frame Offset (System Settings>Playback Control>Frame Offset makes no difference. Even at extreme Offset settings the sync error remains the same (approx 2-3 frames).

I know I should really be monitoring through the BlackMagic's SPDIF out, but I don't currently have any way to amplify that signal. I also know USB audio is probably asking for trouble, but this should work with the right offset, no?

Your thoughts much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics