Light Spill in a Box

Posted by J.Corbett 
Light Spill in a Box
April 16, 2007 10:32PM
i used volumetrics 1 (zoom) to make a title light spill in motion2. when i carried it over to fcp and some wierd things happened.

take a look

notice the blue spill is contained by a tile that i can not see in motion2. in motion this spill goes to the edge of the screen.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Light Spill in a Box
April 16, 2007 10:59PM
Did you apply a Mask Shape, Mask Feather, or Soft Edges filter to it? Those filters don't play nicely with keying and alpha channels.

www.derekmok.com
April 17, 2007 03:25AM
no i didnt.

the only thing i applied was the volumetric filter. even tweeking the parameters does nothing for the box.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
April 17, 2007 06:03AM
Set frame margin to 500
April 17, 2007 10:37AM
i see no change with the 500 margin.

""""
April 17, 2007 03:07PM
Looks like you're just exporting the Motion title with alpha and re-importing into FCP; if that's not working then try bringing the background video into Motion and re-compositing in there. When it looks right just export a .mov file from Motion.

JK

April 17, 2007 06:10PM
the only solution i found was to use the volumetrics filter in fcp. i had to recreate the graphic.

in motion does it make a difference if you apply a filter to the layer rather than the object in the layer?

""""
April 17, 2007 11:06PM
I have had lots of problems brining Motion files (.motn) back inot FCP if the Motion projects used filters based on Noise Industries FXFactory, which I think Volumetrix is. I ended up having to render a .mov out of Motion and then bring that into FCP. Did you try that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics