Keeping the Viewer Window Active

Posted by Danqi 
Keeping the Viewer Window Active
May 09, 2007 06:40AM
This is not a big deal but actually quite annoying to me: Most of the time when I perform an edit (for example by pressing F10) I would like the Viewer window to stay active so that I can search for the next clip I want to use right away. Instead the timeline always becomes active and I have to manually switch back to the viewer which can get a little tiresome after a few hundred edits. Is there some setting to change this? Or some hack or trick or whatever?
Re: Keeping the Viewer Window Active
May 09, 2007 08:11AM
That's a designed behavior. Couple of solutions you might try. See which you prefer. After you use the F key to do the edit, press the Q key to make the viewer active. The other way, which I use when I'm cutting selects from a longish clip the viewer is to drag to the canvas edit overlay to overwrite. That leaves the viewer the active window. Your choice. There is no way to change the programmed behavior.

All the best,

Tom
May 09, 2007 02:51PM
I have often wished that the window your mouse rolls over would become the "active" window, automatically. The current design takes attention away from the edit decision process.
May 11, 2007 06:50AM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics