OfflineRT Help

Posted by Frank Lozano 
OfflineRT Help
May 10, 2007 10:28AM
I created offline clips by the book (Apple manual) using media manager and I can't set my sequence properties to match to get rid of the red render bar in the timeline.

Thanks,
Frank
Re: OfflineRT Help
May 12, 2007 06:05PM
You have a mismatch between your clips and your sequence settings. Check again. Something is different.

mark
May 12, 2007 10:08PM
i hate to throw this left but..........

what is offline editing and why would you want to do it.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
May 13, 2007 04:01AM
Offline editing is editing at a lower resolution to conserve drive space. Then when your cut is locked you go back and capture only the footage used in the cut at full resolution, and color correct.

WHy do this? When faced with hundreds of hours of footage you capture at a lower resolution so that you don't have to spend thousands of dollars on hard drives to store it at full resolution. Offline/online cutting was the standard way of doing things (and still is in many cases) until FCP and DV came along.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 14, 2007 10:21AM
Shane, Can you help?

After using Media Manager to make offline clips I created a multiclip and rough edited, then used MM to reconnect the edited sequence to the full rez clips. It appears as though the clips were restored to full rez but not the edited multiclip.

MM created a copy of the sequence and I opend that in the timeline, but it doesn't appear I'm seeing a full rez edited sequence? At 100% view in the canvas, images have pixelization and jagged edges on objects in the scene.

Also, since the clips are the Modest Mouse stuff, I know something is screwy because when I copy the keying attributes I did as a trial on a full rez clip to the reconnected multiclip on the timeline, I see jagged edges and wavy vertical lines - even after renderring. At full rez (before offline-ing the keying worked and played fine

What might have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics