FCS2 Full ships 3-5 days while FCS2 UG ships 2-3 weeks???

Posted by John Foley 
FCS2 Full ships 3-5 days while FCS2 UG ships 2-3 weeks???
May 16, 2007 07:51PM
This is amazing. I have never before seen this happen before? The package is the same for any of the new sales or upgrades yet, apparently Apple wants to encourage new sales ahead of the loyal user base?
Re: FCS2 Full ships 3-5 days while FCS2 UG ships 2-3 weeks???
May 16, 2007 07:58PM
Makes good sense to me. More profit in the full retail versions plus extra goodwill to new users and they can be the guina pigs.

smiling smiley

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 16, 2007 08:14PM
Michael,

It just seems to me that a well seasoned user would be able to spot bugs before a new user? With over 800,000 attested user of FCP (per NAB 2007), perhaps it will take time to ramp up UG sales numbers of boxes going out the door??
May 16, 2007 08:23PM
It's more likely that they have to press and package 10 times as many bundles for the upgrade market than for new purchases. The disks are not identical. The installers are different.

All the best,

Tom
May 16, 2007 08:49PM
I honestly dont see a problem here. What's a few weeks delay? And a new user is bound to find bugs just as easily as an experienced one. I figure the new user has been using a pirated copy of FCP for 4 years. smiling smiley And, it is SO not a good idea to be first on block to play with new software. So let them have fun. Just as long as they post their experience here.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 17, 2007 02:16PM
Apple advised me today, 17th May, that my U/G should arrive tomorrow - perhaps things are faster in the UK!

Geoff
May 17, 2007 04:22PM
C'mon...there is no big deal here. Nobody with any real experience dives into a brand new version of any software on release day. I agree with Mr. Mike...let new users be the guinea pigs winking smiley

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 17, 2007 04:29PM

Apple advised me today, 17th May, that my U/G should arrive tomorrow - perhaps things are faster in the UK!

Yep I got my confirmation for the 28th May...

Hehehe

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 17, 2007 04:42PM
Shipments to AU were pushed to Feb 2009. Except for Jude and Nick who have to go to Tasmania to get theirs.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 18, 2007 11:49PM
Apple knows pretty accurately how many users will upgrade, based on past upgrade cycles, etc., and this is money in the bank so Wall Street doesn't care so much. What Apple REALLY wants to do is get a gauge on new users for Q2 numbers.

Reid C
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics