DVD Duplicator

Posted by ClayC 
DVD Duplicator
May 30, 2007 05:22AM
What's a good brand DVD Duplicator for small runs of up to about 50 discs? Something the secretary can operate and produce best quality standard DVD/CD's.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Clay
Re: DVD Duplicator
May 30, 2007 08:44AM
go to discmakers.com they sell a few varieties.

i bought this one last year and its yet to let me down once in over 300 burns:
[www.aleratec.com]
May 30, 2007 12:03PM
Rimage 360i or Microboard GX-1 are both simple to operate and are made for small runs.
May 30, 2007 01:08PM
We have a 7-banger (8 drives) from Media Supply. We've sent thousands of disks through it.

I suspect that these are so simple that you would have a hard time screwing one up. Ours does have one oddity. Because it uses older Pioneer drives, it won't reliably duplicate CDs.

Look for duplication speed and the ability to change the speed manually. (I know it will try to duplicate at 16x, but it shakes the table and we get better burns at 4x.)

Ours also has a mode where it checks everything first before it does the actual burn. It takes longer, but then you don't have to check each disk manually afterward (although we do).

Koz
May 30, 2007 01:13PM
My vote is Diskmakers towers -- it's outstanding -- wish there were an autofeed for their 7 disk tower but other than that - a great little money maker...we can knock out a hundred in less than 2 hours...get the Primera Bravo Printer and you have your own small run Disk duplicating service

Andy
May 31, 2007 11:03AM
Gents,

Thanks for the recommendations and tips, much appreciated.

Started a new sideline: whatthiscountryneedsisagood10centdvdduplicate.com. Should be able to sell it for billions once the traffic builds.

Clay
May 31, 2007 12:44PM
Just a side note that the duplication is usually fairly simple and quick... it's the blasted printing that takes forever! Even with our automated robot!

Marco Solorio | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Media Batch
June 01, 2007 10:08AM
I don't know it it's made anymore but I bought a LaCie 5-disc tower that burns everything (CD. DVD+/-R, and DVD+R DL). I've pumped out well over a thousand so far. It's fast, easy, and it paid for itself in the first run.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics