Render Error

Posted by Gualex 
Render Error
July 12, 2007 04:31PM
Hi All:

I am trying to render a sequence and I get the message " General Error (48). Does anybody know what that means.

TIA,

Alex N.
Re: Render Error
July 12, 2007 04:42PM
My handy little Mac Error Code guide says "Duplicate filename (rename); File found instead of folder". It could be there is a file name conflict, but I don't see how you could get in that trouble since FCP is driving the render. If nothing else, deleting all of the render files and rendering again may clear it up.

Scott
July 12, 2007 04:53PM
Thanks Scott, I tried that and it didn't work. I made all the files off line and reconnected them and that worked except for one file that seems to have the wrong path or name and does not want to be relinked, I guess I'll try to redig. Thanks for the link, very useful!

Thanks again
July 12, 2007 04:55PM
I forgot to ask about the Autosave;File Error: Unknown file. I have been getting a lot of those latley. Any clues??

Thanks

Alex N
July 12, 2007 04:58PM
That part of the error: "File found instead of folder" might give a clue to all of that. Do you have any files in Capture scratch or Render folders or any other folders involved in your show that have the same name as a folder in the same place? It does sound like there is a file naming conflict(s) somewhere that's having effects all over the place. Having a file the same name as a folder is a recipe for OS confusion.

Scott
July 12, 2007 09:45PM
or do you have clip names with a / in them?
that could cause havoc
similarly, sequence names with a / in them could create troublesome render files.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics