Digitizing from D5

Posted by digitonium 
Digitizing from D5
July 27, 2007 06:59PM
I need to digitize a full-length feature from D5. I have the system to do it, but don't have a D5. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions to help me get this done. Would even bring system to deck, if that would make it work.

Thanks in advance!

- Frank
Re: Digitizing from D5
July 27, 2007 09:43PM
What about going to a post house that has a D5 and FCP? You can transport it back to your system as (a) quicktime(s) on an external drive.

July 28, 2007 06:41PM
Haven't found a post house that's interested in this scenario. If you know of one, I'll certainly contact. Thanks!
July 28, 2007 09:22PM
Uh, so you go to them and say, how much will it cost me to digitise this video from your D5 and they say no? Where are you?

July 28, 2007 09:33PM
They say no. Los Angeles.
July 28, 2007 09:48PM
Which ones have you already contacted?

July 29, 2007 12:16AM
A lot. If you have one that you know would be willing, would very much appreciate the info. Thanks!
July 29, 2007 01:01AM
Crazy. Have you tried the Digital Service Station? [www.digitalservicestation.com]
If you can't manage to find a post house to do this then obviously you either have to rent a D5 (and thats gonna be cheap ..NOT) or get the tape transferred to something you can use on your system. Not really a lot of other options.

But I would be very surprised if you couldn't find someone to do this in LA.

July 29, 2007 01:10AM
By the way, if you do decide to go down the 'rent a deck for the day' path, don't expect to get too much change out of $1700. I did see one pretty cheap (like under $1000 a day) a while ago but I can't remember where. Googling would find it for you, no doubt.

Also, does your set-up have a capable capture card? Not much point otherwise.

July 29, 2007 08:44AM
You already tried the obvious -- Lightning Media? They have D5 decks and editing systems and it seems strange to me that they wouldn't do capturing.

www.derekmok.com
July 29, 2007 11:56AM
Lighting Media (lightning dubs) has FCP systems and D5 decks...Derek is right, that would be a VERY good place to check. Also Plastercity Post. Ask for Michael Cioni. FilmLook in Burbank. All have FCP systems. Not sure about the D5 deck on the last two, but Lightning certainly has them.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics