Multicam -- change synch points?

Posted by Jeff Nelson 
Multicam -- change synch points?
August 03, 2007 12:35PM
This is a 3-camera shoot. I synched (sunk?) the three angles together. Two of the angles were 1 hour long, the third was 45 minutes, with another 15 minutes on a second reel.

Now that I've cut the 45 minutes, I need to take Reel 2 of the third camera, and synch it with the first two. How do I do this??

Do I make a *new* multicam clip, and find a new in point on each of the three? Is this the recommended way? Or is there some way to drop it into the clip I already have going and synch it up?

Thanks.
Can I change one camera's synch after creating multiclip?
August 03, 2007 09:02PM
bump (if permitted!). I created a multiclip, and find that one camera is 2 frames out of synch. Can't for the life of me figure out how to move just that one camera the needed 2 frames.

I read this piece: [www.lafcpug.org] didn't really help.

Help...! Any ideas? Thanks.
Never mind! Got it
August 03, 2007 09:07PM
I was pressing Command Shift when it should have been Control Shift. Duh...working fine.
Re: Multicam -- change synch points?
August 03, 2007 09:38PM
on your original Q:
yes, you can add a clip retrospectively to a multi-clip.
on a long multi like yours it would be diabolically hard to sync up,
unless they all share the same TC

if they DONT share the same TC,
i;d say just go and make a second multi.
pretty easy.

nick
August 03, 2007 09:52PM
Thanks very much. Hey, another question/problem. I adjusted the synch on one clip, moving it two frames, looks perfect. HOWEVER, now it won't edit right. ?? When I run and start clicking to edit between cameras, it defaults back to camera one every time, and doesn't put in the edit for the right cam. It puts in an edit, but it's camera one, so it's cutting from itself to itself. Any ideas here?
August 03, 2007 10:00PM
how far into the cut are you?
is it feasible to simply re-make the multi with correct sync, and start over?

nick
August 03, 2007 10:02PM
Yeah, I think that's probably my only option at this point. FCP has crashed a couple times, which nearly NEVER happens. I'm about an hour and 12 minutes into this here, and could just take the same elements, synch them again and make a new clip. Hopefully that'll stop all the weird funky stuff happening. Will try it now. Thanks.
August 03, 2007 10:15PM
Yep, new multiclip and it's working right again. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics