2 Matrox MXO problems...
October 22, 2007 09:31PM
Hi all

Brand new 8 core MacPro, 5 gb ram

brand new matrox mxo, with 2.0 drivers

FCP 6, OS 10.4.10

two problems...

1) in FC or AE, when the matrox has "control" of my second screen to be used as a monitor, i can no-longer use the "Command+tab" function that switches between all open programs...it works fine in ther programs and the finder, and even in FC when the matrox is not "using" the second screen (ie: i have turned off the external monitor option).

2) FC has now crashed twice when using the matrox to view on external screen, and i go to text generator, control tab.

both times, after FC crashed, the second monitor is frozen on the last screen from my FC project and i need to reboot the computer to regain normality....

anyone have any ideas? i called matrox today and they said they'd "call me back"
thanks guys!
g
Re: 2 Matrox MXO problems...
October 22, 2007 10:55PM
I have noticed that my Apple tabbing function within FCP has been disabled. And I did mention that to Matrox not long ago. I have figured out how to deal with it, so I just do.

I haven't had Issue #2, so I'll leave that up to matrox.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
October 22, 2007 11:51PM
cool, thanks shane
i called them and told them about problem 1.
re: problem 2 - o understand...have you *tried* to use the text generator, or have you "not had the issue" becuase you haven't tried to use the text generator? Just trying to get info so i can present it to matrox.
thanks man!
g
October 23, 2007 12:17AM
I don't use the FCP Text Generator...it is CRAP. I use the Boris Title 3D...built in...and much better.

So no, it hasn't crashed on me, and yes, it is because I don't use that. next time I have it hooked up I can try.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
October 23, 2007 08:36PM
spoke with the matrox guy today...he said they know about the tabbing thing, but that it is low on their priority list......the crashing text generator was a result of using the "rgb" setting instead of the yuv. when using the yuv setting it isn;t a problem....and i should have been in yuv anyways!
greg
October 23, 2007 09:28PM
Thanks for reporting back. Very nice to have a little closure.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics