FCP 6 Frame Rate Issues...
November 01, 2007 02:10PM
OK, i have three sources, 2 sources are 24fps and one is 29.97. One source was DVCProHD 23.98 transcoded to ProRes 24fps. The other was captured directly as ProRes 24fps. The third is standard DV NTSC 29.97. They all need to live happily in one timeline. I was hoping FCP's open format timeline would save the day but im having some issues.

Im using the audio from my ProRes 24fps as my master track. I sync up all the other tracks at the start and of course everything drifts by the end. Here's the thing, the Clip Properties of my master track shows the video rate as 10fps even tho a Cmd-I in QT of the source shows 24fps! Why does FCP read this as 10fps instead of 24? It's completely throwing my visual sync off, tho my audio is spot on.

Secondly, the DV 29.97 material loses sync as well. I remember demos from Apple showing people dropping in diff frame rates and saying you dont have to worry, FCP does the sync for you. The clip does have a greenbar on it but the speed still says 100% so it doesn't really seem to be doing it. Should i just use Compressor to translate this clip to 24fps while going to ProRes as well?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics