Digitizing Problem

Posted by Delphinus 
Digitizing Problem
November 30, 2007 06:44PM
I am having a problem that just recently occurred. Whenever I digitize a clip of three minutes or longer, the frame freezes about three minutes into the process, while the audio remains constant. Then about a minute later, the video snaps back to sync. Also, if I have a Quicktime file, properly digitized, on any harddrive, and I drop it into the timeline, the same thing happens. I have tried digitizing to three different external firewire drives (all with plenty of space on them) and the same thing happens. I dumped the fcp.plist and the FCP folder from the preferences ... same thing. This has never happened before and it's driving me crazy. Any ideas?

FCP 4.5 HD
G4 Quicksilver
200GB internal Drive
(3) 200 to 300 GB external Firewire Drives
OS x 10.4.11
QT 7.3.0 v 7.3 (7.3)

PS I ran disk utilities and DiskWarrior on all drives successfully. Same problem.
Re: Digitizing Problem
November 30, 2007 07:27PM
Why are you running Mac OS 10.4.11 and QT 7.3 if you are using FCP 4.5? That is a very OLD version of FCP, and the optimal OS for it is 10.3.9, and optimal QT is 6.5, although 7.1.6 works fine as well.

You will have issues when running versions of the OS and QT that the software wasn't designed for.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: Digitizing Problem
December 01, 2007 12:12PM
When I get a software upgrade from Apple, I usually just figure it is going to make everything run better. They never tell you whether there would be problems. How naive of me. If I upgrade to FCP 5, would that work with OS X 10.4.11 and QT 7.3.0?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics