dupe frames

Posted by vincent_heat 
dupe frames
March 31, 2008 11:54AM
Hi,

I am working on a short film. I have enabled the dupe frame detector and it is not working. I have subclipped everything and am editing from those subclips... I create a sequence and edit in the same clip twice, and on the sequence (timeline) nothing indicates that there are duped frames? Any suggestions?
Re: dupe frames
March 31, 2008 12:14PM
Make sure you have enabled dupe detection for your existing sequence and not just for new sequences. The user preferences only affects sequences created after.

Select the sequence in the browser, hit Apple-0 (zero) and make the change there. That should make it work.

Don't forget when asking a question to include your OS and FCP versions. Some preferences move around from version to version and it's easier to provide a more exact answer if we know what you're working on.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 31, 2008 03:46PM
you can turn dupe frames on & off without opening sequence settings.

at the bottom left of the timeline there are a series of controls.
the one you want for this is just to the right of the "bar graph" (which adjusts track height)

it's a tiny nondescript triangle, very easily overlooked,
and it gives you access to most timeline display options.

cheers
nick
March 31, 2008 06:49PM
you might know this
but also make sure you zoom in strong enough on the cut otherwise you might not see that dupe being indicated to you.
also,
scroll through the entire edit before saying that the cut is final and locked.
a great thing about DI finishing is that this whole dupe thing becomes obsolete.

thomas
April 01, 2008 03:02AM
do all your clips have tape numbers ?

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
April 01, 2008 07:21AM
The clips all come from quicktimes (that's how I received everything... on a hard drive from the director). I never digitized them. They have long clip names from the QTs. I am working with subclips. Does this reveal any clues??? Hope so. Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep 'em coming!
April 01, 2008 07:25AM
Correct me anybody if I am wrong but I always took for granted that dupe detection works with a tape number and a TimeCode

April 01, 2008 07:48AM
Interesting... that makes sense. So, does that mean I'm out of luck? Is it not possible to have dupe detection if you start a project from a QT and not a tape? That sucks if it's true.
April 01, 2008 08:19AM
if you have a few long QuickTimes give each one a tape number in the Browser

April 01, 2008 09:57AM
I think I got it!!! Like you said. I copied and pasted the name of the QT and made it the REEL #. It worked! Thanks for sticking with me through this!!!
April 01, 2008 01:58PM
I was following this one. Nice tip, Francois!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Set Video In & Out separate from Audio with Control I & O !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics