how do you do this ?

Posted by larkis 
how do you do this ?
April 04, 2008 03:14PM
I don't even know the proper term for this type of edit, but i have a clip (let's call it clip A) and then i have 30 cuts after that in my timeline. What i want to do is shorten clip A and have all the cuts move forward by the amount of frames i shortened clip A. Right now when i cut some frames of clip A i get a gap, then have to zoom out, select all the cuts in my timeline and move them to fill the gap. There must be an easier way (i know the avid can do this)
Re: how do you do this ?
April 04, 2008 03:20PM
It's called a ripple edit. There are bunches of ways to do it. There is a tool to do it, called the ripple tool (RR). Grab the end of the shot with the tool and pull, or push as you like.
April 04, 2008 04:20PM
mark in & out. hit the small 'delete' key that sits with the small cluster over to the right of the keyboard. right under 'insert'
April 04, 2008 05:03PM
or hold SHIFT while you hit the big delete key.

nick
April 04, 2008 05:13PM
Or right clip in the gap left by the deleted shot and select "close gap" from the context menu.

-V
April 04, 2008 08:30PM
Or select the gap and press delete.

Or hit t and hold shift to grab everything after the gap and pull it back to close the gap.

Or blade off the bit you don't want, then right click on it and select ripple delete.

Or blade off the section you don't want, then select it and hit the small delete key.

Or ..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics