Direct cam to HD Capture

Posted by xzeusius 
Direct cam to HD Capture
May 04, 2008 12:33PM
Hello One and All,

I just joined this morning Sunday May 4.

I am a 3rd year student at Rio Hondo Community College. I have declared a major in mass communications with an emphasis in Television Production. I am making a 5 year adventure out of a 2 year institution.

I am a slow learner with big ambitions! LOL!

My question is about recording video direct to disk.

I recently saw a production crew using something that they called "Vee Scope" that allows a hard drive to record directly from a cam via firewire.

I was hoping that FCP might have a function included that would allow this type of direct to disk recording.

I found something called Vee Scope online but it does not appear to be the software I was looking for.

Can anyone make any suggestions regarding this product or others that might be able to provide the type of function I am describing?

Thank you very much in advance,

Michael S. Chacon
Re: Direct cam to HD Capture
May 05, 2008 12:52PM
I worked on a set where HD was captured threw a Kona card straight to
the raid drives--

shot a whole feature this way -worked perfect -
zero tape used -

used a new Intel tower -- Jay --
Re: Direct cam to HD Capture
May 05, 2008 01:23PM
If a DV camera or HDV camera...connect the camera to your computer via firewire. Choose the appropriate Easy Setup...in the CAPTURE settings of the LOG AND CAPTURE window, set DECK CONTROL to UNCONTROLLED DEVICE. Then hit CAPTURE NOW.

But you are tethered to your computer. And if the capture stops or drops for any reason, you might lose all that footage.

Look up FIRESTORE. Hard drive recorder that attaches to the camera.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics