idvd 8 is driving me mad..don't like it

Posted by Phil UK 
idvd 8 is driving me mad..don't like it
June 05, 2008 10:32AM
I hate asking this on this forum but the apple support is a pain, all accounts and god knows what...I create custon DVDs on idvd 6 no problem but 8 is just ridiculous. I hate these themes, they are cheesy and inappropriate. I've asked and I have to ask again, how do I get rid of them and create a title page - no themes, no clariner music? Please and thank you. Phil UK
Re: idvd 8 is driving me mad..don't like it
June 05, 2008 10:38AM
Find a theme that has only one still image in the background. I haven't used iDVD in at least three years, but I remember one of the "Classic" themes with a blue swirly background. Those had only one still image in the background, no music, and it was very easy to remove the sole "theme" element to leave a blank template.

I've always found it a lot faster to just use DVD Studio Pro. That way you start with a blank template, and you get a lot more control. If you use a bare-bones design, it's no slower than iDVD.

www.derekmok.com
June 05, 2008 11:34AM
<<<Find a theme that has only one still image in the background. >>>

Ever since iDVD, probably 1--we found it helpful to create a ten-second 48k/16/stereo silence sound clip in any program that will do that, and one 640 x 480 black JPEG frame in Photoshop or graphics program of your choice.

Dump these two in your theme window and all that obnoxious, pre-formed trash goes away. And it's stable, too. You can set up the theme window to create damage by accident if you only try to turn the existing ones off without putting something back.

I was such a hero when I figured out how to do that.

Remember that rotating globe [shudder]?

Koz
June 05, 2008 08:30PM
Even better is to just go to the 'Menu' tab, grab the mp3 in the box next to 'Menu Volume' and drag it out and drop it where it will disappear in a puff of smoke. Then drag and drop any picture into the box next to 'loop duration' to replace the background. Make your own black, or company logo or whatever you want to replace it with.

But yeah, DVDSP is actually better and gives you a lot more flexibility.

June 06, 2008 05:44AM
Cheers guys - on Idcd 5/6 that works but with 8 there is no access to drop custom backgrounds or ditch the clarinet music. It's the latest version and to me it is moving backwards. I like IDVD 5 and 6. Phil UK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics