Blank Reconnect clips

Posted by dne202 
Blank Reconnect clips
June 13, 2008 11:20AM
I just got a project from a digitizing place and when I went to reconnect the clips, the reconnect dialogue box prompted me to reconnect a bunch of clips with no file name and no directory name. What gives? I've had this problem before, but could always work around it. In this particular project, however... workarounds are not an option. I'm on Final Cut 6.0.3, but this kind of stuff has been happening to me since FCP4

Dan
Re: Blank Reconnect clips
June 13, 2008 01:25PM
Are any clips offline in your project?

www.strypesinpost.com
June 13, 2008 06:48PM
if it's just recently CAPTURED media,
it problably hasn't been eidtied or had much logging done to it in the way of markers,
comments, etc.

in this case you could just bring the files into a new project and start from there.

is this on option?
June 13, 2008 10:37PM
I got it to work by having the previous editor resend me the final cut project file. Could it have somehow been corrupted? what is behind this error? Yes the files were offline according to Final cut, but I couldn't relink them because they were blank.
June 18, 2008 03:25PM
I get that all the time too. It most be a bug.

I recently did an upgrade that said to solve that(I think it was on 6.0.3), but I still get it when ever I try to re link files that were captured before the update.

What I do is try to re capture files from the timeline. That way I can write down the name of the file and look it up manually.

God Bless,

Douglas Villalba
director/cinematographer/editor
Miami, Florida

[www.DouglasVillalba.info]
[www.youtube.com]
[vimeo.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics