weird reconnecting media issue

Posted by Phil UK 
weird reconnecting media issue
June 18, 2008 03:48AM
New Job - Mac pro 2 x 3 ghz, OSX 10.4.11 with 5gb RAM and FCP 6.3. We are using an external drive kinda like an AVID Unity. There are problems with media going offline and media manager being unable to reconnect. Any tips please...I'm new to this place but will get as much info as possible. Cheers Phil
Re: weird reconnecting media issue
June 18, 2008 04:28AM
Is the drive going to sleep?

June 18, 2008 08:24AM
To be honest it seems like a massive teething trouble scenario...the drives are a massive tower (microboards) I believe is the name - It's amulti cam thing with subclips, sub clip names differ slghtly from originals and there is the problem - finding and matching and reconnecting. I will have to look into it deeper.
June 18, 2008 09:46AM
What is the drive formatted as? If it is FAT 32 as in Windows, it will kill the ability for identifying an icon with a program. You won't be able to reconnect the clips because they have no "forks".

If possible, reinitialize the disks as HFS+ for use with a MAC.
June 18, 2008 10:00AM
The disks are formatted for mac. A rexported XML was used to moderate success before error messeges came up and then FCP crashed. Apple have said files have been corrupted possibly but they do not know why.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics