New Improved FAQ Wiki

Posted by Jude Cotter 
New Improved FAQ Wiki
June 20, 2008 04:52AM
Your answer might be in there.

Thanks to the tireless work of some of the moderators here at LAFCPUG, chiefly Mike Horton and Ben King, we now have a fabulous new FAQ in Wiki form.

This should be a lot easier to navigate, and is growing all the time.

Please check it out here : LAFCPUG FCP FAQ Wiki and let us know what you think.

Re: New Improved FAQ Wiki
June 20, 2008 05:16AM
What a great idea. A big thank you to all of you.
June 20, 2008 08:30PM
Jude is being modest.
she did an enormous amount of work on this
huge thanks to her, too.

good on you all.

nick
June 20, 2008 09:05PM
Would be nice to hear some feedback from people who have used it in the new form, let us know if its easier to navigate...

...and yes Jude and Mike did a massive amount - a real team effort and I personally think its great, really easy to use.

Let us know your thoughts peeps...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 21, 2008 04:10PM
Oh yes, this is great. Wiki's are great. I have one I use for my own site and we use one at work which serves many uses, not to mention wikipedia all of which run using the same software you have here.

Great job Guys (and Gal)!

I'm assuming this wiki is a moderator only wiki that you will keep adding to, right?

Very cool! Thumbs up!
June 21, 2008 04:17PM
Actually we are trying to get our heads around the permissions thing, thus the 'soft' launch. The whole idea behind a wiki is to open it to the world so they can contribute, but we do need to put some restrictions on it so it doesn't become a mess. As soon as we sort the permissions thing and maybe pretty it up a bit, we can announce it to the world and see what happens.

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 21, 2008 04:34PM
Ah! I was able to lock mine down to the one admin user (that was as easy as adding two lines of code to the config file.), but I don't know how to only allow X users. It seems that it should be pretty simple though.

--
Eric Harnden
Quintessential Studios
---------------------------------
[wordpress.quintessentialstudios.net]
[twitter.com]
June 22, 2008 08:36AM

Ah! I was able to lock mine down to the one admin user (that was as easy as adding two lines of code to the config file.), but I don't know how to only allow X users. It seems that it should be pretty simple though.

Thats what we've done. At least for the time being...

If there are any FAQs anyone thinks should be included please feel free to contact Mike, Jude or myself or indeed any of the LAFCPUG mods and we'll get on to it ASAP.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
November 19, 2008 07:01AM
This is fantastic.

It's going on my tool bar.

Thanks everyone.
September 06, 2009 09:52AM
Why thank you! It was a labour of love (mostly by Jude and Mr Horton) I just supplied the geeky schtuff!

February 16, 2013 07:20PM
Brilliant: thank you all.

I notice that this link seems not to work:

Understanding HD (takes to back to the main page; and some of the other links in that same sections behave the same way—or are these parts not yet operational?).

Is there a better place to feed this kind of info. back to the authors?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics