HVX 200 P2 Workflow

Posted by Gualex 
HVX 200 P2 Workflow
July 21, 2008 02:39PM
Hi All:

I have a project that will be shot on the HVX 200 at 720p PAL. They are shooting in Berlin, I am cutting in the US.

I thought they could give me quicktimes thru media Manager in OfflineRT HD - 25 posted on my FTP site.

I would later send back and EDL or XML for them to do the online in London.

My problem is that they don't know if they will finish on a Flame or an Avid DS, so I don't know how either box can read in the EDL or XML for the final conform from the P2 media.

Has anybody done any jobs on FCP with the HVX 200 and finished in another system that is not FCP?

Thanks,

Gualex
Re: HVX 200 P2 Workflow
July 22, 2008 03:37AM
This is still a very new workflow and a hot topic. You've added several twists to it,

Stand by, someone will have wisdom. I want to learn more about this too.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Cycle bin views with Shift - H !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: HVX 200 P2 Workflow
July 23, 2008 07:49AM
For Flame, they should be able to use an EDL in the CMX 3600 format. Just export that from your timeline. Get in touch with the post house in London though, and email them a test EDL from your system to make sure.

Not sure about Avid, although the post house can certainly help you with that too.

Just curious, if they're shooting P2 on the HVX200, why not just FEDEX copies of the original P2 folders on external USB drives instead of dealing with the OffLine/OnLine workflow? I've been doing that fairly regularly between Munich and Vienna, and it works just fine. The cost of the drives (about $75 each for 120GB) is far less than the cost of reconforming on Flame or Avid, and eliminates a lot of potential errors. You could then send London the final project media, an FCP Project File and an EDL all in one shot (keeping backups of course as you go). For me, it's worked out a lot cheaper, better, safer that way.

hth,
Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics