Quicktime Pro Upgrade required?

Posted by DanKuckes 
Quicktime Pro Upgrade required?
October 22, 2008 12:18PM
I have Final Cut Express and Quicktime on a 2 yr old imac. I think this may be the first time I've tried to save a qt movie to disc. Since I am not on the internet at home, I need to save it this way to go to another computer and post it on u-tube.

I have been able to export a qt movie, saved to disk, but it can't be opened. Then I tried dragging the fce file into i-movie, then convert it to qt (compressed for streaming) This file runs, but can't be saved to disk.

One person suggested that to do what I want to do, I need to upgrade to Quicktime PRO. Is this true?
Re: Quicktime Pro Upgrade required?
October 22, 2008 12:43PM
> I have been able to export a qt movie, saved to disk, but it can't be opened. Then I tried dragging
> the fce file into i-movie, then convert it to qt (compressed for streaming) This file runs, but can't
> be saved to disk.
> One person suggested that to do what I want to do, I need to upgrade to Quicktime PRO. Is this
> true?

QuickTime Pro comes with the Final Cut Pro package, but perhaps it doesn't come with Final Cut Express? Open up QuickTime Player and check it (QuickTime Player - About QuickTime Player).

The simplest explanation for your exported QuickTime movie not working is that you didn't save it as self-contained. Check to make sure. What exact message do you get when you try to open it?

www.derekmok.com
October 22, 2008 01:12PM
Anyone even experimenting with video should have Quicktime Pro. No brainer for $29.99 (comes free with Final Cut Studio upgrade)

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

October 22, 2008 01:29PM
It says something about a missing file. I wasn't sure what that meant, but you may be right. I don't remember seing an option for self contained or not, but I'll look again. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics