Import problems???

Posted by Phil UK 
Import problems???
October 30, 2008 06:13AM
I have done this a million times. Import an uncompressed 8 bit quicktime that has been provided on a DVD (file only) but at the moment this workstation (mac pro 2 x 3ghz> 4 Gb RAM> Tiger 10.4.11> FCP 5.1.4> Quicktime 7.4 (92) stops during import saying task cannot completed - some written files are missing General error 36. Could this be due to a version of Quicktime?? Cheers again Phil UK
Re: Import problems???
October 30, 2008 07:47AM
Apparently there is a bug in this version of Quicktime (7.4 (92)??? Do I really need to uninstall this. How is this done and will affect current projects?
October 30, 2008 08:44AM
>Do I really need to uninstall this.

You shouldn't uninstall QT it's too heavily linked to the OS and FCP. You could try upgrading QT instead. QT 7.5.5 doesn't seem to cause any issues over here.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 30, 2008 09:29AM
Thanks Strypes... you know, sometimes I'm as thick as the hardback version of the complete works of Charles Dickens. Cheers.
October 30, 2008 09:42AM
Hmm... Actually... Just realized you mentioned FCP 5.1.4... Clone your drive and upgrade to see if that helps..

This would be a good compatibility guide...
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
October 30, 2008 09:55AM
I did the update and things seem cool. Cloning drives is something that scares me so I just did it. Thank you..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics