24p Digibeta

Posted by hanguolaohu 
24p Digibeta
January 22, 2009 03:02AM
Does Digibeta ever run at 24p? I have a film shot with the DVX-100 and wanted to make a master tape. Was wondering if uprezzing to HDcam would be my only option to maintain same framerate.

Thanks,
Alexander
Re: 24p Digibeta
January 22, 2009 03:50AM
Covering ALL your bases I see...again, my answer from Apple, so others know what I suggested:

Nope...digibeta is 29.97 only.

No SD tape runs at 23.98...24p. Even your DVX...it records 29.97. The 24p is embedded in that and the redundant frames removed when you capture.

You want to maintain the FRAME RATE? There is no need really, unless you plan on making a film print. Since your footage is DV it is SD, and the best format you can master to for SD is digibeta. Outputting to HDCAM means uprezzing via a Kona 3 or Terranex (terranex is better), and that means blowing up the footage and taking a quality hit...and more $$.

Best to master to Digibeta...IMHO. But wait for others input.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 22, 2009 09:08AM
Shane Ross Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope...digibeta is 29.97 only.

and 25.... A little harsh that everyone outside of the US gets forgotten winking smiley
January 22, 2009 09:24AM
Did you shoot 24p, or 24pA and remove the pulldown and edit on a 23.98fps timeline?

If you shot 24p, then it's really 29.97fps anyway. If you shot 24pA, you can add the pulldown back in to go to digibeta, and then, if needed, capture and remove the pulldown should you need to get back to the 24p frames.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
January 22, 2009 09:56AM
Sorry Josh, didn't mean to disrespect PAL. I just happen to know Alex (I cut the trailer to his great documentary) and know that he is in NTSC land.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 23, 2009 06:46AM
Hehe sorry I didn't mean to sound like i was climbing up on my high-horse winking smiley
January 23, 2009 06:49AM

Hehe sorry I didn't mean to sound like i was climbing up on my high-horse

...and a high-horse it would have to be! Otherwise Josh's legs would reach the floor!

The (what?) 6 foot 8 inches of man that you are mate!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics