Keyframing multiple clips simultaneously

Posted by robk 
Keyframing multiple clips simultaneously
February 06, 2009 03:34PM
Hi there.
Ok - I'm convinced this is possible, since I remember reading a tutorial on it a long long time ago. I just can't remember for the life of me how to do it! Here's what I'd like to know:
I have two clips stacked on top of each other (V1+V2) and would like to fade them both out simultaneously, using keyframes (pen tool) instead of just adding fade effects. At the moment I'm having to add the keyframes to one clip and then match their position on the other clip, but I'm sure there's a clever technique which would allow me to add, and edit, the keyframes to both clips simultaneously, (as if adding a pair of keyframes to a stereo pair.) Personally, I'm dealing with opacity, but in theory it could be any parameter in the motion tab I think.
Can someone put me out of my misery please?!

THANKS A MILLION IN ADVANCE....!!
Re: Keyframing multiple clips simultaneously
February 06, 2009 03:52PM
hi rob.

you can't do 2 sets of keyframing simultaneously.

what you can do is one set of keyframes,
copy that clip, (Apple C, of course)
then select the other clip and "Paste Attributes" (Option V)
when the Paste Attributes widow opens, you'll see that a clip has a whole host of attributes you can copy and paste.
in this instance you'd be interested in pasting the Opacity.

if your layers already have some sort of opacity effect, or a composite mode ging on,
then 2 layers fading in at the same time can look weird, as the layers interact with each other.
in this situation there is a better solution.

lay some slug over both layers, and keyframe that to fade OUT, revealing your layers.
or if fading from an image, lay that over the top of the other two.

if your layers don't interact in that way (2 separate boxes, for instance) than a dual fade-in will be fine,
but still more work as you have to keyframe 2 layers rather than one.

nick.
Re: Keyframing multiple clips simultaneously
February 06, 2009 04:33PM
Thanks Nick. That's interesting. Maybe I'm going mad imagining tutorials I haven't actually seen!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics