Can I ask this question here? Just got FCE, the transition
February 09, 2009 03:21PM
from iMovie HD-2006 (which had fulfilled my limited video editing needs up to now, I am mostly doing audio editing) seems daunting. Just got FCE 4 Editing Workshop (Tom Wolsky, Focal Press) and am reading it, but wondering if other resources specific to the iMovie HD > FCE 4 learning curve exist. Nothing in the LAFCPUG FAQ that I can see, been googling "iMovie vs. Final Cut" type options without finding anything too useful (mostly people flaming iMovie '08).

If this isn't too dumb a query for this forum, I could sure use some help...
Re: Can I ask this question here? Just got FCE, the transition
February 09, 2009 04:12PM
At least you came from iMovie 06 and not 08. MAN...the ways that iMovie 08 and 09 are different from professional NLEs is staggering.

Just run through the tutorials that came with FCE. They should help you too. What you need to do is completely let go of everything iMovie. There is no translation really. Just look at this as a fresh start. FORGET iMOVIE....move along.

Now I have to inflate my rubber raft so I can get my kids from school...

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Thank you, Shane Re: Can I ask this question here? Just got FCE, the transition
February 09, 2009 05:21PM
Thank you, Shane. I am a "reading" kinda guy, so I've installed FCE but not opened it (until I've read at least part of the book) and glanced at the online manual. But I will take your advice and look at the tutorials. I never even tried iMovie08 -- is 09 any better?
I thought iMovie HD (06) was a pretty good program, except for the lack of audio possibilities (can't even monitor one track while you attempt to dub another, that's lame!). You probably don't remember, but do you recommend any particular tutorial to start?
Thanks again,
david
Re: Thank you, Shane Re: Can I ask this question here? Just got FCE, the transition
February 09, 2009 05:25PM
Check out the resources page over at Apple. There are a bunch of training options there.

[www.apple.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics