Apple Pro res

Posted by bill darst 
Apple Pro res
February 28, 2009 06:31PM
G5 8 Core latest FCP 8 GB ram
When digitizing using APR, I discover after I look at the clip in the browser, each clip has a 12 frame cut, within the same clip as if the camera had paused. It continues to capture the rest of the clip, no missing frames, but each clip starts with a 12 frame segment and continues until the clip is finished until the next camera break.
Others have told me of as much as 2 minutes where it decides to put a camera break within the same clip. It decreased to 2 seconds after he used esata transfer speed. A bug maybe?

Thanks

bill
Re: Apple Pro res
February 28, 2009 09:02PM
Hey Bill

There is no context to your post...

What are you digitising?

What format?

What HDD are you digitising to?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 28, 2009 09:56PM
Thanks, Ben

Sorry, I was thinking you could read minds.

JVC 720 60p was format to injest.
The Drive is a LaCie 7200rpm
The format was Apple ProRes 422.
Play back deck is the JVC BR50 HD

Not sure what the format my fellow editor was using but it wasn't the above. Just same problem.

The higher the speed transfer speed, the less time the first part (the added camera stop length) is within the same clip.

I was thinking since the problem was showing up using two different formats, frame rates etc, it may be some setting or look somewhere else.

Thanks
bill
February 28, 2009 11:27PM
To be clear are you ingesting to an external Lacie over Firewire or eSATA?

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
March 01, 2009 01:24AM
I was digitizing from my JVC deck to an external hard drive
720 60p. At first I used a firewire and where it decided to put in the artificial camera break was longer, so I thought if I switched to esata it would go away. But it just reduced the time until it put in its own break to 12 frames. The whole clip works. But there are two clips to make one whole one. Every clip it is the exact same 12 frames at the beginning of the clip.

bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics