Is "Speakers On" Gone in FCP6??

Posted by carlos48 
Is "Speakers On" Gone in FCP6??
April 20, 2009 05:38PM
Profuse apologies if you've already aired this one out to death, but I've been away and now the prodigal returns... Just upgraded from 4.5 to Studio 2 and can't for the life of me figure out how to turn my speakers on during capture like I had it before. Doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't want to hear audio during capture. I capture from a Sony deck, not the camera, into a G5 running Tiger. Yeah, I can plug headphones into the deck; but is that really it?

And, as always, thanks for your generosity in running one of the best support sites ever.
Re: Is "Speakers On" Gone in FCP6??
April 20, 2009 05:59PM
In the Log and Capture window, go to Clip Settings, check the "Preview" box under Audio.

Actually, you're not supposed to leave audio on playing through FCP when capturing. It increases chances of sync drift. If you want to hear the tape audio while capturing, connect a mixer/speakers to your deck.

www.derekmok.com
April 20, 2009 06:29PM
No question: you guys are rock stars!

Thanks for the answer, but more importantly the tip. I'd never come across that potential sync problem warning before; and I have run into the problem. I'm thinking the monitoring is good for logging, but then should be turned off before the actual capture. Make sense?

Anyway, thanks for getting me a bit closer to conquering the upgrade hump. Next post will be about why the Soundtrack loops won't install...

Cheers.
April 21, 2009 12:59PM
I wanna be just like Derek when I grow up! LOL!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics