Final Cut Pro 6 Render Farm

Posted by marclenzin 
Final Cut Pro 6 Render Farm
May 09, 2009 05:18AM
Hi all,

Is it possible to use Final Cut Pro 6 in a render farm configuration? I have several iMac's available and would like to network them to cut down my render time. How do I go about setting this up? Is it in combination with Compressor and QMaster ? Thanks for help me out here.
Re: Final Cut Pro 6 Render Farm
May 09, 2009 06:51AM
It is not. The Final Cut Pro renderer can't be used across a compute cluster like that.

You can run Compressor across a compute cluster. Depending on the environment and the configuration of the cluster, it might be beneficial. I've set up a cluster of one 8x2.8 GHz Xserve and two dual-processor G5s, and found that it was slower overall than just the Xserve alone due to the disparity in performance processor for processor between the cluster nodes. In other words, it was faster for the Xserve just to say "Oh forget it, I'll do it myself" than it was to hand out segments for transcoding and wait for them to be returned.

Setting up a Qmaster cluster isn't objectively difficult, but it's a many-step process. I think the Distributed Processing Setup manual that's available from the Compressor Help menu is a good place to go for specific instructions.

May 09, 2009 08:45AM
Hi Jeff, thanks, will try with Compressor in combination with QMaster, regards
May 10, 2009 10:19PM
compressor isnt going to help you with your FCP renders.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics