Can u change the default Text?

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
Can u change the default Text?
May 15, 2009 11:12AM
Hello,

can the default text Lucinda Grande be changed to something else?
it seems like a pain to have to change it every time I create text.

I don't like using Lucinda at all.
Re: Can u change the default Text?
May 15, 2009 11:22AM
With FCP's simple Text generators you can edit the script of the plugin itself (right click the plugin and choose Open in Editor) then export your new version back out as a whole new plugin. Or just change the font in the generator's controls to the one you want and then save it in that state as a Favorite (Opt F). Next time you want to use it it then access it from the. Favorites bin instead of the Generators bin
May 15, 2009 05:24PM
What Andy says is totally correct.

In case you edit the source code you've to save the generator with a new name and add that modified generator to the FCP plugins and restart FCP.
You also could name it same as the original. To get this modified one as standard you've to go into the resources of the FCP application and replace it there - not really recommended.

So it would be probably easier to create a favorite.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
May 15, 2009 06:05PM
Or, don't use the Text tool, period. It's pretty lame!

Boris Title 3D remembers the last font you used, and can do multiple sizes in the same card, with drop shadow and outline, etc.

www.derekmok.com
May 15, 2009 07:53PM
Derek maybe you misunderstood.

Both Andy, PhillyFilmmaker and me were not talking "the Text Tool". We were talking about just text, maybe free/open generators which easily can be editied - if you know what you're doing.

Recommending Boris is a "one option", but making favorites is a "many options".

As I said many times before Boris has good quality, many options, but can be a pain in a workflow if it comes to changes. Other text generators can be a pain as well.
So I personally think it's a good idea to say Boris is one option and other generators are fine as well, creating a favorite gives the most options.

Andy's advice was correct - and "the Text tool, period" is not lame.

Regards
Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics