Moved project from FCP 4.1 to FCP Studio 2 and now getting sample rate warning

Posted by ErikR 
Moved project from FCP 4.1 to FCP Studio 2 and now getting sample rate warning
May 28, 2009 12:06AM
I moved a friend from her old G4 to my old dual G5 and we copied all her media and projects over. Now when she starts digitizing new footage into her project she gets the following warning:

Warning: The audio sample rate of one of more of you captured media files does not match the sample rate on your source tape. This may cause the video and audio of these media files to be out of sync. Make sure the audio sample rate of your capture preset matches the sample rate of your tape.

What could this mean? I'm not an FCP expert, but she says her settings are exactly the same from the other computer. In fact I did used the Migration Assistant from her old computer to the new one so everything should be the same, even her camera is the same.

Is this something she can fix or needs to worry about? She's worried if she proceeds, her files will go out of sync. Any thoughts, or further info you require?

thanks
Re: Moved project from FCP 4.1 to FCP Studio 2 and now getting sample rate warning
May 29, 2009 12:34PM
well...my first question would be regarding the new footage she's digitizing. Is the audio 12 bit or 16bit. If the project is setup as 16 bit, and she's trying to import 12 bit, she'd have issues. You should be able to tell whether the footage is 12 or 16 by playing back the tape in camera and checking the viewfinder or lcd screen.

Beyond that, make sure your project prefs match up with the footage you're trying to import, and you should be set.
Re: Moved project from FCP 4.1 to FCP Studio 2 and now getting sample rate warning
May 29, 2009 12:46PM
I posted the same question on the Apple Discussion and I've got a lot more info there if you'd like to follow along and maybe get some ideas on the problem:

[discussions.apple.com]

It's a little difficult since I'm not in front of the machine, I'm just the go-between.

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics