Spinning rainbow ball on startup

Posted by edubs717 
Spinning rainbow ball on startup
June 02, 2009 11:06AM
Fired up FCP this morning but it won't finish starting up and just gets stuck on the spinning ball.
After the FX Factory logo and after I tell it to continue without external devices it just seems to stop without completing the start up.
I have to force quit. Tried starting from different projects and just from the icon, did a hard shut down and trashed the prefs to no avail. Help.

FCS 2.0
OS 10.5.5
3ghz Quad Core
QT 7.5
6GB RAM

Thanks
Re: Spinning rainbow ball on startup
June 02, 2009 11:37AM
Sorry guys scratch that last inquiry. It appears we are having "server issues". Non FCP related.

Thanks anyway
June 02, 2009 01:09PM
I think that's called a "beach ball" in Apple Land
June 02, 2009 01:27PM
The technical term is "beachball of death"

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 02, 2009 02:48PM
O. K. The server is back up but still getting "beachball of death" about 3/4 of the way
through the startup. I've noticed it doesn't make it far enough to place a new preference
list in the prefence folder.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
June 02, 2009 03:22PM
Dump the old Preferences, empty trash can & restart FCP

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 02, 2009 08:31PM
I would also try removing the FX filters from the FXPlug folder and see if they're causing you the problem. It's in Library/ Plug-ins. Just create a new folder in Library called "Plug-ins (disabled)" and copy your FX plugs in there and then Trash them from the "plug-ins" folder. Report back.
June 03, 2009 11:26AM
Thank you for your responses masterbluestar and Joey. I tried disabling the FX filter plug-ins and still got the beachball on start-up.
However when I tried to move my work files to another FCP box the server wouldn't copy them, so I'm back to thinking this is a "server issue".
I will report back.

Thanks Again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics