NT- Hardware Q: 23" CD on new Nahalems?
June 24, 2009 08:04PM
Folks -

NT- Near Topic

Curious to know who's using the best Apple 23"-- the discontinued antiglare aluminum display with the new tower?

And who is using dual displays with the new tower, and how?

Best, as always,
Loren S. Miller
www.neotrondesign.com
Home of KeyGuide Central
Re: NT- Hardware Q: 23" CD on new Nahalems?
June 25, 2009 10:23AM
Hey Loren,

Since my Quad blew up last week (yup...logic board and / or processor "POPPED" like a party favor), I have been shopping the 8-Core "Nehalem". The video card comes with a DVI and mini DVI port. I am purchasing the mini-DVI to DVI adapter ($27) in case I want to run another monitor but I run my second monitor off of my Kona LHe's DVI port.

Rule of thumb: I don't purchase ANYTHING with the word "discontinued" attached to it.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 25, 2009 10:49AM
Be careful about that, Joey. It's not a mini-DVI connector. It's a Mini DisplayPort connector. The Mini DisplayPort to single-link DVI adapter is $29 from Apple, while the Mini DisplayPort to dual-link DVI is $99. Make sure you get the right dongle.

June 25, 2009 11:43AM
I know the difference (just pronounced it incorrectly tongue sticking out smiley). I don't need the power connectors for the ports...just the DVI adapter.

June 25, 2009 11:44AM
Kay, just makin' sure. I can't imagine how livid you'd be if you'd ordered the wrong adapter. winking smiley

June 25, 2009 12:07PM
I know...I still have an Apple ADC 17" monitor with the DVI Adapter on it. Went to ebay cause I couldn't see spending $99.00 for an adapter. Got it for $50.

June 29, 2009 11:10PM
Could I interest you in MY 17" display with the Gefen VGA to DVI-- oh, never mind. Only reason kept it is becaus et matches the height of my tripod 20" ADC. It still impresses some uninformed visitors. lol

What pisses me off is we have yet another "dual display" card as default in these new fab towers-- two outs and one requires a hundred-dollar adapter for a second screen.

Let me know, Joey. Let us all know. You're the pioneer this week.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Cycle Image to Image & Wireframe to Wireframe with W !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics