7.0 Alpha Transition effect also works in earlier versions

Posted by Alex4D 
7.0 Alpha Transition effect also works in earlier versions
July 30, 2009 11:25AM
As I suspected, the new Final Cut Pro 7 Alpha Transition effect was implemented in FxScript, which (as the language hasn't changed) means that it also works in earlier versions. Probably back to version 5.1.

This means that if you know your 7 project might need to be finished on a 6.X system, you can export as XML as usual, and use the Alpha Transition by installing it on the older system.

Note that Apple's license agreement may not allow you to do this (even though the transition is implemented using mere 5.62K of FxScript), but if you use 6 and 7 on your computers and 7 was upgraded from your copy of 6, you are probably bending (if not breaking) the rules already.

@alex4d

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
Re: 7.0 Alpha Transition effect also works in earlier versions
July 30, 2009 11:36AM
And the fun continues. Thanks Alex

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: 7.0 Alpha Transition effect also works in earlier versions
August 16, 2009 11:54AM
I just completed an Alpha Transition plugin intended for FCE (or earlier versions of FCP) that emulates most functions of the new FCP 7 Alpha Transition.
The free support movies provided by Apple work flawlessly with this plugin, but I have a question: is there any licence agreement about the use of these support movies (in http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/resources/) ?
I didn't find any, so I suppose it is correct to use them also with my plugin that is designed from scratch, only based on some descriptions I found on the web (I don't even have FCP 7 to check...).

Thanks

Piero
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics