Black Magic Decklink HD EXtreme HDMI Question

Posted by Avid4000 
Black Magic Decklink HD EXtreme HDMI Question
August 02, 2009 01:22AM
I recently got the Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme card and when i connect the card up via HDMI to the client monitor I get a "Not Supported" on screen. This is within FCP and on the finder level as well and suggestions why I can get picture. I've tried two displays with no luck.

Thanks,
Ken

I have a MAC PRO
With the following configuration:
Two 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Xe
Memory 16GB (8x2GB)
2x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
One 18x SuperDrive
the mac 30" monitor and a Insignia (cheap i know) 22" 1080p hdtv
Re: Black Magic Decklink HD EXtreme HDMI Question
August 02, 2009 10:31AM
Have you tried both HDMI connections on the Blackmagic? Though it's not labeled, one is In and one is Out.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
August 02, 2009 02:05PM
Tried that, I get depending on each one "No Signal" and on the other "Not Supported".
August 02, 2009 02:39PM
There are a lot of minor differences between BlackMagic video playback settings. (720P 59.94 Hz vs. 720P 60Hz, for example) It took us a while to dial everything in using a similar setup as you describe. Are you sure your playback and sequence settings match?

Adam
August 02, 2009 10:20PM
Also crack out the manual of the display- I'm sure it only accepts a certain number of resolutions/frame rates.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
August 04, 2009 01:41PM
It was the display I bought got a different type and its for the most part working fine. Still have some strange issues where I can get everything to the external display via HDMI but the canvas is then frozen. And the lag between default audio and the HDMI source is way off. Anyone encounter this and if so any remedy would be helpful!

Insignia LCD 1080P 22" displays will not work with this card.
August 07, 2009 09:12AM
Test all the settings out to the monitor as I can only run certain resolutions from my blackmagic to my HD CRT and my HD Plasma via, SDI, Component or HDMI.

As you have discovered - not all displays are made equal...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics