no audio

Posted by Ruben 
no audio
July 14, 2001 02:26AM
<HTML>Hey Guys,

I have a problem I am doing a project and I can't get any audio! I noticed it yesterday. I was playing back a sequence and I would get picture but no audio. I Know there was audio in the playback because I saw the l.e.d. move on the computer screen. Then I turned off my computer and came back later the sound came back. It's probably a settings thing. Today I wanted to capture some stuff with my new equipment and same problem. No sound?:~( If I put headphone on and plug into the deck I have sound but not out of my computer speakers. I just got a dsr-20 deck and a NTSC monitor. I am using a Titanium G4 400 and FCP 2. Connected to the audio out on the computer are Powered Yamaha multimedia speakers. What is the proper configurations and/or is it a FCP settings issue. Please help and thanks in advance!

Ruben</HTML>
Re: no audio
July 14, 2001 08:28AM
<HTML>All you have to do is open the Log and capture screen even if you are not using it. Then minimize it. This will let you hear the sound that you captured. For some reason to hear sound in fcp you have to have the log and capture screen on if your camera is on and connected via firewire.</HTML>
Re: no audio
July 14, 2001 09:01AM
<HTML>external speakers need to be hooked up to the deck not the mac Right now you have your deck hooked up to your Ti book via firewire and FCP defaults to that source routing the sound out to it. Since it cant find any speakers attached to your deck then you get no sound. Unplug deck and you will get sound. Best to get DUAL input speakers for FCP. It plugs int Mac AND deck.

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics