Problem exporting wmv from FC7

Posted by shelleyrae 
Problem exporting wmv from FC7
January 22, 2010 09:22AM
Working in Snow Leopard with FCS3, I just tried exporting a 3 minute sequence to wmv using "export using QT conversion" and I got only 30 seconds of the 3 minute sequence even though I marked and I/O at beginning and end of my sequence. I tried this a few times with the same results.

I have a backup operating system (Leopard) with FCS3 installed, so I opened up a new project in the Leopard OS and imported a uncompressed QT file of my sequence then exported a wmv using QT conversion and it worked beautifully.

Why would the wmv export option not be working properly in my other system (Snow Leopard)? Could it have something to do with Flip 4 Mac and how it interacts with Snow Leopard as opposed to Leopard? Flip 4 Mac on Leopard is version 2.3.0.14 and Flip 4 Mac on Snow Leopard is a newer version 2.3.1.2.

Further, when I launch Leopard OS it prompts me to upgrade to the newer version of Flip 4 Mac (2.3.2.1.) but since everything is working on that operating system I'm not going to upgrade until I know what's going on.

Any ideas?

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Problem exporting wmv from FC7
January 22, 2010 09:29AM
I'm guessing you only downloaded the free version of Flip4Mac, which is a player and demo version of their full product. If that's the case you have to purchase Flip4Mac to get full export capability.
Re: Problem exporting wmv from FC7
January 22, 2010 01:46PM
And it's worth every penny- if you're doing this more than once. If it's a one-time deal find someone with a PC to do it for you.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics