LiveType question

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
LiveType question
January 28, 2010 10:44AM
Here's a question...why is it that if I create a file in LiveType with the same settings as my FCP sequence (HDV1080i60), when I drop the .IPR file on the timeline, it still needs to be rendered (it is orange/UNLIMITED for rendering).

I tried exporting it as a QuickTime, but it still does the same thing...orange.

Is there any way to fix it so it doesn't have to render when I drop it on a timeline with identical settings?

Just something that's bugged me for awhile.... smiling smiley

Thanks!
Casey Petersen
Re: LiveType question
January 28, 2010 11:13AM
If you bring the LT project into the timeline the project and its effects have to be processed in Final Cut. You can render the LT project in LiveType then export to a format that exactly matches your sequence specifications and then you won't have to render in FCP.
January 28, 2010 11:15AM
The trouble is...I don't think I have control of the exact codec...even though the project is set to HDV specs, the codec is still "animation", and I don't know if that can be changed...you'd think it could be...I'm not sure how.

Casey
January 28, 2010 11:59AM
After you render the movie use the export movie function in LiveType. In options there is a dialog where you can specify exactly what you want to output, just like exporting from FCP to QuickTime Conversion. It's the same QuickTime dialog, except no audio of course.
January 28, 2010 12:05PM
Hmm...Export Movie is grayed out.

It isn't grayed out if I do a Render Preview, but when I do that, I get a low rez preview version.
January 28, 2010 12:29PM
NOT Render Preview. Use Render Movie. That generates an Animation version. Then do Export Movie, which lets you export the Animation render.
January 28, 2010 12:32PM
AHHHHHH!

MUCH BETTER!!! THANKS!!!
January 28, 2010 12:35PM
...but it doesn't preserve the alpha channel this way...I suppose I have to drop the background video in LT as well, huh.
January 28, 2010 02:42PM
>...but it doesn't preserve the alpha channel this way...I suppose I have to drop the background
>video in LT as well, huh.

I don't think you can import a background into LT.

Yes, you have to render. No YUV based codec can carry an alpha channel, and if you put whatever text you generated from LT over an image, you have to render.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 28, 2010 02:47PM
You can put a background in LT. Just pull it onto a new track above the background bar. Or in Project Properties click on render background layer.
January 28, 2010 05:48PM
Ah, my bad there.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 29, 2010 01:57PM
[...but it doesn't preserve the alpha channel this way...I suppose I have to drop the background video in LT as well, huh.]

if you're exporting using the Animation codec (which is RGB) you should see a popup or something with "Millions of Colors + (Plus)" - which indicates an alpha channel. In additional, you may have a choice between premultiplied (baked in) or straight (separate channel) alpha.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Set a motion effect keyframe instantly with Control-K!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics