Media offline?!

Posted by digibody 
Media offline?!
February 09, 2010 01:32AM
I am working on a project, and I'm so close to being done I can taste it, however, I'm getting issue after issue. Now it seems my project is about to be exported to be DSP to be authored and I'm looking at it as a self contained movie in FCP where I have added heavy Film Look effects. The project is 90 minutes long. I had to color correct one 2 minute scene and now, I cannot see the project, it only shows me the nasty red "media offline" image. Without making these two cuts to try to color correct this one scene, it was viewable and perfect, I just need to correct this one segment, and even after rendering the scene (and then trying to render entire project) now it still is only showing "Media offline."

Any advice? Is this a memory issue? Conflict with the filters?

Thank you FCP Gods.
Re: Media offline?!
February 09, 2010 02:21AM
Did you move the clip to a different drive or change its name? This causes FCP to get confused, since it looks for the clip of a certain name in a certain place.

In any case, right click the clip and select 'reconnect media' then search for it on your drives, find it and reconnect it. That should fix it.

February 12, 2010 07:30PM
No, I didn't move anything. Literally, everything was fine, I used the "cut" blade to isolate the scene and color correct it and suddenly it all goes offline.
February 12, 2010 07:34PM
You didn't change the name of any clips in the browser?

February 13, 2010 08:27PM
No I did not. Thoughts?
February 13, 2010 11:25PM
I think it's odd. What happens when you try to reconnect it?

It might be a corruption .. can you copy paste into a fresh timeline / project?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics