Can't hear audio tracks

Posted by Barry 
Can't hear audio tracks
February 17, 2010 04:59PM
Hi All, I was just editing along as usual when suddenly I realized that I could no longer hear any of the audio tracks except A1 & A2 which play fine. There is audio on tracks A3-A6, I know, because I can see it reflected in the audio meter. However I can't hear it either through the computer or sending it to my deck. If I move all the audio to A1 & A2, I can hear it fine. I have trashed my prefs and rebooted my computer with no resolution to the problem. WAIT....I just wanted to try something....If I create a new project the problem goes away.

So here's what I did....I clicked and dragged all my assets over to the new project, except for the sequences and all is right in the world. However, I would still like to know just what happened and if I just accidently clicked on something. If anyone has any thoughts on this please post a reply. Thanx Barry

OSX 10.5.8 FCP 10.5.8
MacPro Quad-Core
4 Gigs of Ram
Re: Can't hear audio tracks
February 18, 2010 02:24AM
Go to sequence settings, and change audio output to "2". You are probably on a 4 channel "bus" mix, and channels 3 and 4 are probably assigned to certain tracks in your timeline.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics