Imported Text from Photoshop won't superimpose right?

Posted by JulieWilliams 
Imported Text from Photoshop won't superimpose right?
April 22, 2010 12:16PM
I have FCP 7 & Photoshop CS2

I am creating a title page in PS because I want different size type on the screen. I have made a tiff file with and without a transparent back ground, and with and without layers. They are on the same drive, they are in my bin, I am using the superimpose tool when I drag them to my timeline.

For all those, if I adjust the opacity, I can see that it is there and it is superimposed but I can't get the background to be transparent on it's own? I have searched the web, I have search your FAQ. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong??

Thanks, Julie
Re: Imported Text from Photoshop won't superimpose right?
April 22, 2010 12:24PM
TIFF layers can be edited separately in Photoshop but won't import into FCP with layers separated. To do so you have to save as a multi-layered PSD file (in FCP, multi-layered PSDs will show up as Sequences, allowing you to turn off the background), or add an alpha channel in Photoshop.

www.derekmok.com
April 22, 2010 12:41PM
You don't have to use something like Photoshop to get different size type on the screen. Boris Title3D comes with FCP and lets you combine different fonts, sizes, color, etc. on the same title clip. It might make your whole job a lot easier.

Scott
April 22, 2010 12:44PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! So frustrating that every tutorial said to use a Tiff file. Julie
April 22, 2010 07:49PM
In photoshop make your background transparent. You should see the checkerboard pattern behind your text. Save a copy as a .png. That file type will automatically give you alpha information for anything visible. It is the simplest way to make a file that will superimpose in FCP.

-Vance
April 24, 2010 07:18PM
When you save as tiff, a tiff options dialog box will pop up. Make sure "save transparency" is checked.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics