Settings Not Remembered

Posted by FilmBase 
Settings Not Remembered
May 31, 2010 03:23PM
I've been working on someone else's machine for the past week and each day I start up FCP, I have to readjust certain settings. Currently all the windows go back to default (not that big a deal since I can load my own layout), Show Overlays is checked, Wireframe is checked, Loop Playback is checked and a couple more. On my own computer I've never run into this issue.

Is this a FCP issue or a CPU issue? How do I correct this?

For the record, my computer and the one I'm currently on are identical with the exception that I have 1GB more of RAM. (They're office computers.)

Mac OSX 10.5.8
2x 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4GB RAM / 5GB RAM
FCP 6.0.6

-- Jeff
Re: Settings Not Remembered
May 31, 2010 03:40PM
An FCP application crash or someone deleting the prefs can/will do this.

I would suggest getting Digital Rebellion FCS Maintenance Pack and run some checks and use it to backup and quickly restore your prefs and settings.

If FCP is quitting/crashing unexpectedly then there might also be a system problem, get the techs to do a thorough system health-check.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 31, 2010 03:59PM
Some users also lock their FCP preferences to prevent corruption. The side effect is that preferences don't get "remembered" once you quit. Check that. If the preference files are locked, I don't think even FCP Maintenance Pack will work properly (don't quote me on that, though).

www.derekmok.com
May 31, 2010 07:45PM
Trashing the prefs worked like a charm. Thank you so much for the help guys.

-- Jeff
June 01, 2010 10:07AM
derekmok Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some users also lock their FCP preferences to
> prevent corruption. The side effect is that
> preferences don't get "remembered" once you quit.
> Check that. If the preference files are locked, I
> don't think even FCP Maintenance Pack will work
> properly (don't quote me on that, though).

No, it makes allowances for this. It'll work just fine.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics