Puzzle piece transition

Posted by jenvery 
Puzzle piece transition
June 12, 2010 12:43AM
HI! Is there any filter or transition that makes it look like the clip is breaking into puzzle pieces? Thank you! Jen
Re: Puzzle piece transition
June 12, 2010 10:22AM
Not a cheesy canned transition. I create custom puzzle piece wipes using After Effects CS4 and the "Shatter" plug-in ("Puzzle" is one of the shape options along with 19 others). Extrude the shapes in 3D, light them, use the Comp Camera and lights, etc. EXTREMELY flexible plug-in. Just map your top layer to the puzzle piece layer, explode it to reveal your transition layer beneath (or visa-versa - whatever).

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 12, 2010 12:10PM
Thank you! But I am looking for a super cheesy easy transition! I know its terrible but its for a school project due tomorrow! Are there any easy ones? Thank you so much!
Cheesy and Easy jen
June 12, 2010 12:20PM
Not that I know of - sorry. Not for FCP anyway...just Vegas (which is a cheesy NLE in it's own right winking smiley)

June 12, 2010 12:27PM
thank you! I'll be getting more sophisticated soon!
June 12, 2010 02:01PM
CGM has an explode transition that might work for you. You can tweak it. Its in Volume 2

[www.cgm-online.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 12, 2010 02:19PM
You know what jen...there's nothing wrong with SURPRISING your client with something higher-end (not so cheesy). It shows initiative and it shows that you take great pride in your work (no matter how you actually feel bout it). Always make each client feel like they are your biggest client and you will get repeat business.

No excuses.

June 12, 2010 07:20PM
Thank you I appreciate your help.
Thank you! Jen
June 12, 2010 09:00PM
You could put a still into Photoshop and break that into puzzle pieces with an overlay, then back in FCP make the picture freeze, then animate the pieces breaking apart.

Free, but time consuming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics