Remove moving unwanted objects?
October 27, 2010 01:20PM
Hello friends,

Just wondering if anyone has a method for removing unwanted moving objects from footage?

I need to remove branding logos on fabric samples from a clothing manufacturing company's promotional film...

So I either have to re-cut the footage cutting around the logos or learn a technique for removing them...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--John
Re: Remove moving unwanted objects?
October 27, 2010 05:27PM
wow, trying to cover up something on moving fabric... could be hard to pull off seamlessly (so to speak)
but you never know, you could be lucky.

basic premise is you duplicate the clip on top of itself (hold Option + Shift and drag it upwards)
cut a hole in the top layer where the logo is using the 4 or 8 point garbage mattes (i recommend the free-to-download Paul Crisp Garbage Mattes)
and keyframe that to track with the logo.

you'd then off-set the lower layer so that the hole is filled with a logo-free part of the fabric.

Sending the clip to Motion would give you better tools. including a MUCH better way of drawing around the logo,
PLUS tracking tools so you wouldn't have to manually track the matte.

nick
October 28, 2010 12:29PM
Hi Nick,

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that you took the time to give and explain to me your process.

I will give it a try...but as you pointed out to pull it off seamlessly may be too tall an order on such a short deadline.

I did try exporting an image sequence and cloning areas around the logos in Photoshop then re-imported BUT it took over two hours for a 1.5 second image sequence and then I was disappointed with the results because of flicker from subtly inconsistent cloning...

Boris FX (both 9 and Continuum) has a "witness protection filter" and an incredible motion tracker which may be worth a try...

Thank you again!

Best,
John
October 28, 2010 07:28PM
Do it in Motion John. Just dupe the original layer, add a ton of gaussian blur and then crop to size with a matte, adding feather if you like. You can then use the motion tracker, or do it frame by frame just by advancing one frame in the timeline and clicking on the canvas for a new position for the blur. The motion tracker is good if you have a solid high contrast point to grab, but it can get lost. Animating one second using the advance-click method only takes a minute or so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics