OT: RIP Dino De Laurentiis
November 11, 2010 11:06AM
A giant in the film world. You gotta love a producer who tells a director (Sam Raimi): "You come-a to my office, I give-a you money tomorrow!"

www.derekmok.com
Re: OT: RIP Dino De Laurentiis
November 11, 2010 02:24PM
My kind of producer!
November 12, 2010 04:40AM
RIP - another titan bites the dust. He's been involved with some of my favourite films Dune, Flash Gordon and of course Barbarella winking smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
November 12, 2010 11:18AM
I'm a Conan fan. Conan the Cimmerian, that is, not Conan O'Brien.

"Crush ya enemies, see dem run befwor yoo, and 'ear the lamandations of der women!"

Three Days of the Condor is a killer thriller as well. A master class in characterization.

www.derekmok.com
November 12, 2010 11:30AM
Ah man don't! I have The Anvil Of Crom Prologue from Conan The Barbarian on my iTunes!

I think Arnie should do Conan the King - would be about the right age - needs to grow a beard though!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
November 12, 2010 11:52AM
> I have The Anvil Of Crom Prologue from Conan The Barbarian on my iTunes!

Very cool...Basil Poledouris is one of the underrated film composers. RoboCop and Conan the Barbarian are possibly the best Wagner-style film scores I can think of. Plus you can hum them like they were rock songs. Did you pick up the soundtrack album?

Can you imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger had done that prologue instead of Mako?

www.derekmok.com
November 12, 2010 11:59AM
I did have the soundtrack somewhere but this is the only song I seem to have left on my iTunes. sad smiley

November 12, 2010 10:09PM
A way back when you were mostly babies...Dino's name was on some of the most influential movies of their time:
The Valachi Papers / Serpico / Death Wish / Orca / Flash Gordon / King Kong / Dead Zone / Manhunter (Michael Mann directed) / Army of Darkness / etc / etc / etc...

Truly a giant among giants in Hollywood. "Last of the Movie Moguls" for sure...

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 12, 2010 10:26PM
> I did have the soundtrack somewhere but this is the only song I seem to have left on my iTunes

Get the soundtrack CD before it goes out of print!

[www.amazon.com]

I had Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story on CD at one point, but might have sold it off. Regretted it very quickly, and then I had to pay a premium ($45, I think) to get back the out-of-print CD.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics