Larry Jordan has seen the light...

Posted by Shane Ross 
Larry Jordan has seen the light...
February 23, 2011 04:39AM
Well, FCP 8 anyway. I guess this was designed to put down the rumors that Apple wasn't pushing ahead...

[www.larryjordan.biz]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: Larry Jordan has seen the light...
February 23, 2011 05:33AM
Thanks for sharing Shane - retweeted! facebooked! Er... linkedined?

All spammed tongue sticking out smiley

I hope its going to be another Avid/Premiere spanker - no-one has stirred up the pot for such a long time!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 23, 2011 08:09AM
Well from this fanboy's perspective, the FCP team at Apple have taken a hiding from some of their most staunchly loyal fanboys since the disappointment of FCP 7 (and before) let alone the tongue lashing they've had from those who would love to see them fail anyway ... my hopelessly biased guess (and unabashed desire) is that they will have listened long and hard to that barrage of opinion (there being precious little else for them to have listened to) and their answer to that will be in FCP 8 (or whatever they call it). Am looking forward to it.
February 23, 2011 01:17PM
That's the problem with giant feature request lists-- they have to spend *years* combing them for ideas... lol.

I'll be very happy to see 64-bit-savvy happenin'. And a proper QuickTime X Pro engine with a far larger G-World than 4K X 4K...

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Play from Playhead to Out Mark with Shift-P !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 23, 2011 03:31PM
Hopefully they add a toggle source/record timeline.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 23, 2011 03:58PM
Do you mean show a timeline as a source in a timeline with tracks?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 23, 2011 04:26PM
Sounds Good but I hope the suite has .....

In TL baking
avdhd native
Better Mixed @ Frame Rates & scaling
STP/logic basic EQ
Interface color adjustments ( like a darker grey more like AE's gray GUI)
lens warp correction

Compressor needs a video out to see the conversion preview on externals.

Improved inching for STP (sub Millisecond ) & a true editable 3d waveform view

and Motion should be at AE cs4-ish level at least

The main reason i stayed at fcs2 is because there wasn't enough 'up' in the FCS3 upgrade.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 23, 2011 06:19PM
February 23, 2011 06:29PM
>Do you mean show a timeline as a source in a timeline with tracks?

Yep. Avid has that for eons, now avid has a find tool, and that was my biggest complaint in avid. You can create a separate timeline and do timeline to timeline editing. I do that a lot when I have long clips which is impossible to scrub in the viewer. A toggle canvas viewer would be an awesome editing feature. That, and script sync. I really don't care about native red support or avc editing, as you always want to transcode for better editing experience. Make editing improvements. That is way often neglected.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 23, 2011 07:59PM
Nice & pointless...a blog talking about something he can't blog about via NDAs. I learned more from Macrumors earlier anyway spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 24, 2011 03:35AM

You can create a separate timeline and do timeline to timeline editing. I do that a lot when I have long clips which is impossible to scrub in the viewer.

The nice thing in FCP is that you have the ability to open many timelines. Just use cut and paste!

February 24, 2011 10:00AM
My kingdom for an Undo History List!

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
February 24, 2011 06:33PM
How big is your kingdom? I could come sit next to you and take notes ..? hot smiley

February 24, 2011 08:25PM
1300 sq ft with a 42" plasma (only 720p)!

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
February 25, 2011 12:46AM
I would LOVE to have Color's functionality as a plugin, which would open in a window, like Magic Bullet Looks or Color Finesse. Lose all the roundtrip/second app/new media-relinking nonsense.

Let's also hope they didn't OVERchange, like the iMovie '08/ Quicktime X debacles. FCP is fantastic, it just needs to be faster, handle renders better, and allow more timeline customization (as well as searchable markers for God's sake). I don't need it to look completely different or anything drastic, unless it's a option, and you can use the "classic" look if you choose. Avid did this very smartly with MC5, enabling Final Cut-style in-timeline editing, but as an OPTION you can toggle on or off.

That said... I'm very excited smiling smiley
February 25, 2011 07:20AM
Ah, too far to go. If you had a pony, of course..

February 25, 2011 10:49PM
Nice smiling smiley

that works but i still would like fcp to do it. I am gonna try this on my next few projects to get the hang of it as a normal action.

Using automator that deep is kinda new but its making me warm and fuzzy.

Still FCS4 needs to be a bigger, more robust build than Production PremiumCS5 the features they added there were wow-like. It has made PS and AE a dream to work in.

I think upgrades should be made only if there is a 30% improvement to the next version. I didn't use to subscribe to that philosophy but now i do.

So, I hope this upgrade has the wow factor, with hot promos and such. Maybe they upgrade Shake and throw it into the mix somehow. I was thinking that merging shake and motion might give AE a run.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 26, 2011 08:11PM
Unless it is 64 bit and can assess all your ram and cores in FC, it will be pointless to have a new version. I believe it will be. (I hope)

Ironic that I just got an email ad from Red Giant yelling success that they now have all their excellent applications caught up and compatible with CS5. Now they have to start from scratch, as will all 3rd party software companies, making it compatible with the new Studio as well as Lion.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
February 28, 2011 11:11AM
Flabasha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would LOVE to have Color's functionality as a
> plugin, which would open in a window, like Magic
> Bullet Looks or Color Finesse.

you should really give a try to Colorista II.
February 28, 2011 01:02PM
I have been reading all the new bits about Lion and I think FCP 8 will either use this early or at least under Lion we will have most of our Undo and File Saving issue prayers answered!

[quote="From Apple [url]http://www.apple.com/macosx/lion/"[/url];]

Past perfect.
Say good-bye to manual saving. Auto Save in Mac OS X Lion automatically saves your work ? while you work ? so you don?t have to. Lion saves changes in the working document instead of creating additional copies, making the best use of available disk space. The lock feature prevents inadvertent changes from being saved and automatically locks documents after two weeks. And the revert feature returns you to the state the document was in when you last opened it, so you can feel free to experiment with confidence.*

Versions
See every step you take.
Versions records the evolution of a document as you create it. Mac OS X Lion automatically creates a version of the document each time you open it and every hour while you?re working on it. If you need to revert to an older version or retrieve part of a document, Versions shows you the current document next to a cascade of previous versions ? in an interface similar to that of Time Machine ? so you can see how your work looked at any given time. You can revert with a click, or quickly copy and paste work from a previous version into the current version.*
[/quote]

I am seriously looking forward to Lion and the new ProApps!

[img]http://www.loudandfast.co.uk/LAFCPUG/LAFCPUG-Banner-Sig-bk-v6.png[/img]

[size=x-small][i]For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [url]http://www.lafcpug.org/faqwiki[/url][/i][/size]
March 02, 2011 11:12AM
>Using automator that deep is kinda new but its making me warm and fuzzy.

You don't have to use Automator. You can also use an app that supports macros, so you can fire up a script with hotkeys, such as Quicksilver.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics