Exporting, Recompressing...

Posted by limakid 
Exporting, Recompressing...
March 03, 2011 01:56AM
Hi,

I want to merge about 50 clips in one long clip of 8 minutes aproximately. It's just easy for me.

The only one way is making a new QuickTime movie, right? So, I go to Export > Make Quicktime movie and keep the current settings, ok. My question is: will the new movie loose quality? I do it selfcontained also.

What happen if I check the option "Recompress frames"? Will I loose quality?

Thx a lot.
Re: Exporting, Recompressing...
March 03, 2011 05:02AM
As long as you're not changing the footage codec or frame rate or adding filters or anything, and you export with the timeline settings, it won't be losing quality. If you need to render, then you're changing something and there is a theoretical loss.

Don't recompress frames.

March 03, 2011 12:32PM
Thanks Jude.

OK. IN particular, other thing I wanna do is:

Apply the NEAT VIDEO filter to the original captured footage, just NV nothing else. Make a movie using Export>Make QuickTime Movie with the current settings, so I can get "clean" clips to work in the editing.

Any suggestion? Thx again.
March 03, 2011 12:38PM
If the shots are so bad that you have to denoise everything, you really need to consider a reshoot, as the quality is probably also heavily compromised.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 03, 2011 12:58PM
strypes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the shots are so bad that you have to denoise
> everything, you really need to consider a reshoot,
> as the quality is probably also heavily
> compromised.

I may be really mistaken, but I believe he is following up on this thread:

So, he may only want to process part of his 2 hours plus of footage with the Neat Video filter, prior to editing.

If that is correct, then after rendering those slips, Jude's advice would be right...
tongue sticking out smiley

-Dave
March 03, 2011 06:42PM
Thanks 2 all of U.

As conclusion, I get that when I applied the Neat Video to the original mov clip and then, convert to QuickTime movie, this will loose quality somehow just because I applied "render needed" effects? is it valid for real time effects too? So, in order to loose NOTHING (and keep same quality 100%) I should not put any effect or transition even when they are real time fx?

Thx again.
March 04, 2011 07:12PM
That's right. Any kind of rendering will change the file from its original state. This is a mathematical thing though, and it might be an tiny amount that you can't detect with your eyes. Your best bet is always to do a test.

Personally I think people need to start getting over all the pernickety maths of all this and concentrate on content. This is not aimed at you, btw, just a general comment that I'm seeing people freaking out more and more about numbers, rather than story.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics