Import always goes to the same folder

Posted by alexedit 
Import always goes to the same folder
March 09, 2011 10:29AM
Hi -
So everytime I go to File+Import and try to import stuff into fcp, it always goes to the same exact folder. It's a folder from a project I worked on months ago. Why is this?

what mandates the first place FCP looks into for importing stuff?
Re: Import always goes to the same folder
March 09, 2011 10:30AM
Just drag and drop.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 09, 2011 10:34AM
yeah, but I still need to know why this is happening.
March 09, 2011 10:52AM
Tried dumping preferences?

Or just temporarily eliminate that old folder as a candidate. Move it somewhere and then use Import, see if it breaks the pattern.

www.derekmok.com
March 09, 2011 11:02AM
Thanks guys. Is there a way that I can set it to open in a specific location - say the desktop or another folder etc
March 09, 2011 06:12PM
If you mean a folder in the browser inside FCP, then it's possibly been marked as the logging folder? This doesn't normally work for importing, but maybe there's a corruption somewhere that's causing this to happen?

Oh wait, you mean it always opens a folder as a *start point*. Normal behaviour there is for it to open at the last folder you accessed. So try what Derek says. Once it's fixed it should open with the last folder you used.

March 09, 2011 06:18PM
> If you mean a folder in the browser inside FCP, then it's possibly been marked as the
> logging folder?

I doubt it, Jude. I think he meant that when Import activates and launches the file-navigation menu, it always defaults to one folder in the system. I've never seen the Logging Bin affect imports that don't come of Log and Capture or Log and Transfer. Then again, I've never seen his "stuck drive location" problem either.

Probably a permissions issue. FCP is supposed to "remember" the drive location used for the last time that command was launched, but it doesn't. FCP preferences and repairing permissions would be my first guesses.

www.derekmok.com
March 11, 2011 05:32AM
yeah, permission, or preferences is my guess.

prefs certainly control the SIZE of the import, export and other windows.
i always like to set them before archiving prefs in a new suite.

i think it might be te p-list that controls this, so don't forget to trash that as well.
Home Folder / Library / Preferences / com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics