Multiclip sync issue (w/ screenshots!)

Posted by eyrelight 
Multiclip sync issue (w/ screenshots!)
June 02, 2011 04:48PM
I've done a lot of multiclips in my day and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. I did have this problem with subclips once, though, and was never able to solve it. Also, in this particular situation, there are 4 episodes of this series. Three of the episodes I have had NO problems with, this only seemingly randomly happened with this fourth and final episode/project.

I'm dealing with four angles here, one with sync'd/merged audio and three with no audio:

[www.mustwecreate.com]

I simply multiclip them using the in points:

[www.mustwecreate.com]

This is where something weird happens. I watch the created multiclip in the viewer and even though all of the angles are sync'd up perfectly, there is no audio that I can hear:

[www.mustwecreate.com]

So I drag the multiclip into the timeline. Looks normal right?

[www.mustwecreate.com]

What? Why the hell is this happening?

[www.mustwecreate.com]

The pictures should tell most of the story. Hopefully someone here has seen this behavior before and can lend me a helping hand.
Re: Multiclip sync issue (w/ screenshots!)
June 06, 2011 08:12PM
Iv'e seen this behaviour before but couldn't figure out why it was creating split edits. Not in front of FCP right now, but maybe try clearing your marks then ONLY mark in before making the multiclip?
June 06, 2011 08:19PM
For problematic multiclips I find it helpful to build a sequence with tracks stacked and synced just to eliminate the possibility of there being something wrong with the clips. Turning TC display on in the Canvas can help too, although if you're syncing by In/clap and not TC that won't be as much of a help.

Can't say I've seen that particular problem before though. That's a weird one.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
June 07, 2011 04:40AM
Definitively weird.

When creating the sync points you might add an AUX TC to the clips and then use this TC to create a multiclip.
The way to sync by TC always had been the saver way.

Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics