media manager question

Posted by stefangs 
media manager question
October 31, 2012 03:02PM
i'm cleaning up disks and want to archive projects in a better way than before. when i use media manger, by default it copies and consolidates all media into one location, ready for backup. so far so good.

once i've done that, seems to me i'd want to delete the 'original' files located in various folders (capture scratch, render, etc.). why doesn't the media manager offer that or am i missing it? would 'use existing' in the MM dialog do what i want?

thanks,
stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Re: media manager question
October 31, 2012 03:25PM
> seems to me i'd want to delete the 'original' files located in various folders (capture scratch, render, etc.). why doesn't the media manager offer that

Select the originals in FCP, press SHIFT-D.

www.derekmok.com
October 31, 2012 04:48PM
thanks derek, that's a good start, but it only takes care of the files in capture scratch, doesn't it? it doesn't delete files in render files, audio render files, auto save vault, etc. do i need to do this by hand?

thanks,
stefan

--
October 31, 2012 05:27PM
> but it only takes care of the files in capture scratch, doesn't it?

No. Any visible file can be disconnected, moved to the Trash, or deleted permanently via SHIFT-D.

To trash render files, use Tools - Render Manager.

Autosave files have to be deleted manually. It's part of your job to know where they are.

www.derekmok.com
October 31, 2012 05:58PM
ok, i'll do the rest by hand then. thanks a bunch, derek!

stefan

--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics