titles

Posted by adam 
titles
May 12, 2005 01:34PM
hey, i'm using fcp3 to do a documentary and was wondering how to make those little banners that run along the bottom of the screen that you can write titles or peoples names on so that they show up better. thanks for any advice
Re: titles
May 12, 2005 04:06PM
are they not showing up at all? or you dont know how to make them ? give me some more info to see if i can be of some help
(btw... they are called lowerthirds or supers... when i first started i took a lot of crap cause i didnt know what anything was called just trying to make it easier 4 u not trying to be a smart alec)
hd
May 12, 2005 04:19PM
do you mean a crawl (horizontal)? as opposed to a roll (vertical, not cinnamon).

there's both an FCP filter for it, and Calligraphy will do it too, your preference. Both included with FCP.

hd
May 12, 2005 06:30PM
yeah, i don't know how to make them. where do i find the filter in the program?
May 12, 2005 09:15PM
Adam - check out this tutorial. There is section on making simple lower third bars about halfway down the page.

[www.lafcpug.org]
May 12, 2005 10:31PM
Apply a Mask Shape (Rectangular) to a Color Matte. Set horizontal scale to 100% (if you want a "ticker tape" banner which runs the entire horizontal length) and the vertical scale to however tall your text is. Use Mask Feather if you want a "blurred" edge. Now put it above your shot. You can also use a horizontal Wipe or a Push Slide to fly it in.

I think LiveType has some presets you can use there, as well. I prefer to do it by hand. Call it habit -- don't like to use two programs where one would do the job.
May 12, 2005 10:51PM
What you're looking for is called "lower thirds." There is a basic text generator for lower thirds in FCP 4, can't remember if it was there or not in FCP 3.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics